Build your own Albatross model with this wooden construction kit. Woodcraft construction kits consist of pre-cut wood sheets that are assembled by combining the individual pieces together.
Instructions are included showing numbered order of construction. This 1:18 scale static replica models the Albatros in fine detail, right down to the
6 cylinder Mercedes DIIIa engine and the twin LMG 08/15 machine guns. These kits have great retrospective value as well as giving you a great model as an end result.
The Albatros D.III was developed by the Albatros-Flugzeugwerke company and represents one of the more distinctive and iconic lines of aircraft from WW1.
It incorporated features that were at the cutting edge of available technology with its streamlined monocoque fuselage and water-cooled,
6 cylinder Mercedes DIIIa inline engine.
The D.III was liked by its pilots for its maneuverability and rate of climb and was flown by some of the most notable German aces including Manfred von Richthofen,
Ernst Udet, Wilhelm Frankl and Erich Löwenhardt, among them. Although beset by structural problems, the Albatros D.III became the
outstanding fighter during the period of German aerial dominance known as "Bloody April" in 1917.
- High quality plywood material with clean and smooth surface
- Accurate Laser-cut scale model design, making it approximately 1:15
- Rigging wires and turnbuckles included
- Special Home Furnishing Ornaments Decorations Crafts Gifts
- Comes in a lovely wooden box for display your lovely aircraft model
- Illustrated step-by-step instruction manual
- Giving you a great model as an end result
- Scale: 1:18
- Wingspan: 500mm
- Length: 360mm
- Weight: 154g