Thinking about learning to fly? Do you want to fly for a living? Would you like to refresh your knowledge for your flight review?
If so, then the place to start is with Rod Machado’s new 40-hour+ private pilot eLearning ground school, in our opinion the best online pilot ground school in 2021!
The Best Online Ground School for Private Pilots in 2021
Rod Machado's new 40-hour+ private pilot eLearning course prepares you to take the private pilot knowledge exam and provides the foundation of knowledge needed to make your flight training a more enjoyable experience.
This highly animated, interactive eLearning course is one of the most comprehensive, private pilot ground training programs on the market today. Its 26-course modules span 40-hours of highly educational, fun and interactive aviation ground training. The depth of material covered in this course is what you’d find in your traditional single-semester, college aviation ground school.
Included at the end of each lesson are FAA-like knowledge questions to reinforce what you’ve learned. And did I mention that this is also a fun and enjoyable course to study, too? I guess I did, but I don’t want you to miss this. No more reading dry, stale, study material when you can learn in an enjoyable, interactive manner. At the end of this course, you’ll be provided with a graduation certificate and endorsement to take the private pilot knowledge exam.
Here’s just a tiny sampling of the topic-tiles found in this course.
- Aerodynamics: The Wing is the Thing (3.9 Hrs)
- Engines: Knowledge of Engines Is Power (3.45 Hrs)
- Electrical Systems: Knowing What’s Watt (.5 Hrs)
- Flight Instruments: Clocks, Tops & Toys (2.5 Hrs)
- Federal Aviation Regulations: How FAR Can We Go? (4.6 Hrs)
- Airport Operations: No Doctor Needed (2.45 Hrs)
- Radio Operations: Aviation Spoken Here (1.4 Hrs)
- Airspace: The Wild Blue, Green and Red Yonder (3.5 Hrs)
- Aviation Maps: The Art of the Chart (.85 Hrs)
- Radio Navigation: The Frequency Flyer Program (1.9 Hrs)
- Understanding Weather: Looking for Friendly Skies (5.8 Hrs)
- Weather Charts and Briefings: PIREPS, Progs and METARS (3.1 Hrs)
- Flight Planning: Getting There From Here (3.2 Hrs)
- Airplane Performance Charts: Know Before You Go (1.7 Hrs)
- Weight and Balance: Let’s Wait and Balance (1.4 Hrs)
- Pilot Potpourri: Neat Aeronautical Information (2.5 Hrs)
Bonus: For a limited time this course comes with a complimentary download copy of:
- Rod Machado’s Private Pilot eHandbook (a $49.95 value)
- Rod Machado’s Private Pilot eWorkbook (a $19.95 value)
- Rod Machado’s How to Fly an Airplane eHandbook (a $44.95 value)
- Rod Machado’s Plane Talk eBook (a $24.95 value)
- Rod Machado’s Stick and Rudder Flight Training Syllabus
- Rod Machado’s Ground School Syllabus
Rod Machado's ground school course meets new ACS standards and was just updated to 2021.
In this video, Rod gives an introduction to his course:
Rod Machado Ground School Reviews
Here’s what people have to say about Rod Machado's Private Pilot ground school course:
“A truly worthwhile course. In particular, Rod’s explanation of weather information is probably the best I’ve seen. Now I actually look at the winds aloft, check for inversions, and think about what that means for my flight for example. If you want a course that goes into the reasons for knowing everything the FAA wants you to know, this is the course for you.”
“Outstanding InstructionI devoted 3 weeks full time to completing this online Ground School and scored 97% on the FAA written test. The school was enjoyable, dividing the material into short easy to understand segments and using lots of humor. But most important, it used very helpful associations and explained aviation concepts in an intuitive manner. I will be ordering more Rod Machado products as I prepare to solo.”
“Absolutely amazing training product by a true aviation legend. Very complete and entertaining. I highly recommend this product to not only student pilots but also any pilot at any level looking to brush up on the ever so important basics and more.”
Matt Johnson – DPE
“I am a student pilot who is not mechanically inclined, and Rod Machado’s Private Pilot online course is perfect for someone like me. It demystifies systems-related processes and is presented in easily digestible segments. Rod infuses humor into the material, making learning fun and enjoyable. His diagrams and graphics are easy to follow, and because this kind of learning is so visual, I retain the material better. I love the fact that Rod does not overwhelm you with technical detail, so you never lose sight of the big picture. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is intimidated by mechanics.”
“I have been flying a very long time and have used them all… King, Sportys, Gleim… I am speechless as to how comprehensive and clear the material in Rod’s Private Course is…. ( I bought it for review ). Best money I have ever spent in Aviation or out. Cannot recommend strongly enough. And continually entertaining! Can’t wait for the Instrument version!”
Rod Machado's Private Pilot collection gives you all the study material (and more) needed to begin your adventure at learning to fly!
Learning to fly? Planning on adding additional ratings to your pilot license? These are some of the best online aviation courses and ground schools!
We did the research for you, so read on to discover which aviation headset suits you best as a student pilot!